Drought Info and News
Drought Info and News
Get the latest SCV Water fact sheets, mailers, news releases, videos, and more!
Current Fact Sheet - September 2023
While rain and snow provided significant relief throughout the state and the SCV early in 2023, consecutive, multi-year drought and existing impacts on our groundwater supplies mean that it will take time to build back and grow our banked reserves for future dry years.
SCV Water has deactivated its Water Shortage Contingency Plan and Water Conservation and Water Supply Shortage Ordinance. We thank your customers for conserving 4.1 billion gallons of water from May 2022 to June 2023.
What this means for our customers is that while we have returned to our normal water conservation and water use efficiency conditions, we still need to do our part to make water conservation a California way of life.
Click on the images below to download our latest Conservation Fact Sheet in English or Spanish!
- Current Fact Sheet - September 2023
- Virtual Drought Forum - May 2022
Learn more about the severe impacts of the drought, how SCV Water plans for water supply, and what we can do to save water. Click the link below to watch the recording of our Virtual Drought Forum on May 10, 2022.
- Drought Bulletin - May 2022
- The Signal: SCV Pride - June 2022
The Signal: SCV Pride June 2022
- Drought Mailers
- Special Edition Newsletters
- News Releases
- SCV Water Board Votes to Ramp Up Water Restrictions as Severe Drought Intensifies – April 29, 2022
- SCV Water Implements Stage 1 of Water Shortage Contingency Plan – November 17, 2021
- SCV Water Working Toward the State’s 15% Voluntary Water Conservation Target – October 12, 2021
In the News
- Community Corner: SCV Water, SCV TV (video) - September 1, 2022
- Community Corner: SCV Water, SCV TV (video) – March 7, 2022
- SCV Water Drought-Ready, Your Help Needed, The Signal – September 18, 2021
- Historic low water levels won’t impact SCV water supply this year, The Signal – August 11, 2021
- SCV Water in ‘good position’ with drought conditions approaching, The Signal – April 23, 2021
- Your Water
- +Water Sources
- Water Cycle
- Sites Reservoir Project
- LARC Pipeline Project
- +Watershed Planning
- +Water Quality
- +Plans and Reports
- Groundwater Sustainability Agency
- -Drought Ready SCV