The California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) generally requires state and local government agencies to inform decision makers and the public about the potential environmental impacts of proposed projects, and to reduce those environmental impacts to the extent feasible.
If a project subject to CEQA will not cause any adverse environmental impacts, a public agency may adopt a brief document known as a Negative Declaration. If the project may cause adverse environmental impacts, the public agency must prepare a more detailed study called an Environmental Impact Report (EIR). An EIR contains in-depth studies of potential impacts, measures to reduce or avoid those impacts, and an analysis of alternatives to the project. A key feature of the CEQA process is the opportunity for the public to review and provide input on both Negative Declarations and EIRs.
The laws and rules governing the CEQA process are contained in the CEQA statute (Public Resources Code Section 21000 and following), the CEQA Guidelines (California Code of Regulations, Title 14, Section 15000 and following), published court decisions interpreting CEQA, and locally adopted CEQA procedures.
For more information, visit the Governor’s Office of Planning and Research.
SCV Water CEQA
- Deane Tank Site Expansion Project – Notice of Intent – January 2021
- Deane Tank Site Expansion Project Mitigated Negative Declaration – January 2021
- Addendum to the Final EIR Report – Honby Pipeline Project – March 23, 2021
- Addendum to Mission Village EIR for Backcountry Reservoir and Pump Station Project - November 2022
- Phase 2B Recycled Water Tank Project – January 2021
- Addendum to Phase 2C Recycled Water Main Extension
- NCWD Phase 2C IS MND Recirculated – June 2017
- Initial Study/ Mitigated Negative Declaration: Sierra Highway Bridge Over the Santa Clara River, Bridge No. 53c1777L&R
- Notice of Determination (NOD) for Sierra Hwy Bridge Pipelines Protection and Installation Project
- Honby Tanks - Notice of Intent - September 2023
- Honby Tanks - Mitigated Negative Declaration - September 2023
- New Mint Consolidation
- +Administrative Services
- +Board of Directors
- +Customer Care
- +Doing Business
- +Human Resources