SCV Water Sustainability Plan
The SCV Board adopted the Sustainability Plan at its regular meeting on Tuesday, July 18, 2023.
About the Plan
The Sustainability Plan provides a cost-effective and actionable roadmap to implementing key sustainability initiatives. The Plan serves as a guide in planning capital investments, water resources and conservation and help SCV Water align with state initiatives and position itself for funding that supports operational sustainability. Our historic water conservation successes and forecasted conservation are critical to achieving sustainability and resiliency to drastically decrease SCV Water’s energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions. The Plan also supports the agency’s commitment to reliable and sustainable water service at affordable costs.
The sustainability framework outlined in the Plan addresses four core operational pillars, which were distilled from SCV Water’s six strategic goals:
- Reliable and resilient operations;
- High-quality water and resource sustainability;
- Cost-effective and efficient; and
- Transparency and accountability.
The Sustainability Plan is the culmination of work that builds upon SCV Water’s Green Team’s efforts to coordinate sustainability activities across the agency. It leverages the State of California’s sustainability initiatives with SCV Water’s long-term planning objectives. Plan preparation began in 2021 and a public workshop was held on July 25, 2022, to solicit input on priorities for the Draft Plan. Approved by the SCV Water Board on July 18, 2023, implementation of the Sustainability Plan goes through 2045.
The Board of Directors held a meeting on May 24, 2022, to discuss the goals and objectives for the development of a new Sustainability Plan. Materials and links to the meeting are in the section below.
SCV Water held a public workshop on the development of the Draft Plan on July 25, 2022. Materials and links to the meeting are also in the section below.
Board of Directors
Special Meeting – Tuesday, May 24, 2022
Purpose: To learn more about the goals and objectives for a new Sustainability Plan to be developed.
Public Workshop – Monday, July 25, 2022
Purpose: For members of the public to learn about the Agency’s sustainability efforts and to provide feedback on the planning process to develop a sustainability plan that focuses on effective and efficient organizational resource management with a goal to work towards sustainable operations.
Recording of the July 25 Public Workshop
In addition to the public workshop, the public may submit questions and comments via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- General Definition – sustainability meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. (Brundtland Commission, 1987)
- Working Definition – adopting business strategies and activities that meet the needs of the enterprise and its stakeholders today while protecting, sustaining, and enhancing the human and natural resources that will be needed in the future. (International Institute for Sustainable Development, 1992)
- Your Water
- +Water Sources
- Water Cycle
- Sites Reservoir Project
- LARC Pipeline Project
- +Watershed Planning
- +Water Quality
- -Plans and Reports
- Groundwater Sustainability Agency
- +Drought Ready SCV