Please note that the State of California has made the following practices that waste potable water permanently prohibited:
Allowing water to run off your property onto sidewalks, into gutters, and streets, etc.
Washing driveways and/or sidewalks
Washing a motor vehicle using a hose without a shut-off nozzle
Using potable water in non-recirculating fountains and decorative features
The application of potable water to outdoor landscapes during and 48 hours after measurable rain
The irrigation with potable water of ornamental turf within public medians
Restaurant serving water other than upon request
Hotel/motel not offering to launder linens and towels other than daily
Report Water Waste
SCV Water is concerned with water waste. Please provide as much information as possible to help us identify the problem. This report is not intended to report major leaks or breaks.
If you see a major leak or break please contact us immediately 24/7 at:
- NWD service area (661) 259-3610 x 0
- SCWD service area (661) 259-2737
- VWD service area (661) 294-0828
To promote water conservation and prevent the waste of water, each of the following actions is prohibited:
- The application of potable water to landscapes in a manner that causes runoff such that water flows onto adjacent property, non-irrigated areas, private and public roadways, parking lots, or structures;
- The use of a hose that dispenses potable water to wash a motor vehicle, except where the hose is fitted with a shut-off nozzle or device attached to it that causes it to cease dispensing water immediately when not in use;
- The application of potable water to driveways and sidewalks; and
- The use of potable water in a fountain or other decorative water feature, except where the water is part of a recirculating system.
- Watering during or 48 hrs following a measurable rain event.