INSTRUCTIONS FOR REQUESTING RECORDS
(California Public Records Act, Govt. Code Sections 6250-6276.48)
- In order to expedite your request, requests for records should be in writing (verbal requests are excepted as well). Requests will be processed within 10 days from the date received. A Public Records Request Form can be faxed to you by calling (661) 297-1600. A form is also available on the Agency’s web page at http://www.yourscvwater.com. Select the “Contact Us” menu, followed by the “Public Records” menu. Requests may be submitted by facsimile to (661) 297-1610, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Requests must be for records prepared, owned, used, or retained by the Agency (Gov. Code Sec. 6252(e)). Requests should be for clearly identifiable records. If necessary, the Agency will assist the requestor in making a request that describes reasonably identifiable records (Gov. Code Sec. 6253.1). Copies will not be provided if disclosure would infringe upon a copyright, trade secret, or is otherwise exempt in accordance with state law.
- You will be notified within ten (10) days whether your request seeks copies of disclosable public records prepared, owned, used, or retained by this Agency. In most cases, your request will be completed within 10 days.
- If the search for records finds the records voluminous, you will be notified of the approximate number of pages and/or length of time it will take to process your request.
- If your request is to review records, rather than receive copies, the Agency will notify you once the records are gathered, and arrangements will be made for your review.
- The charge for the direct cost of duplication is as follows: Paper Copies, $0.25/page and CD’s/DVD’s are $2.00 each. Payment will need to be received prior to the records being released.
- For further clarification please refer to the California Public Records Act (California Gov. Code Sec. 6250 et seq.).
If you have questions pertaining to the submittal of a Public Records Act request, you may contact the Agency, (661) 297-1600, Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Our Fax number is (661) 297-1610. Our email address is email@example.com.